Monday, January 3, 2011

Peaceful Mama, Peaceful Baby


We did it! More specifically, S. did it while I help back tears of joy and amazement. What an incredible experience we had bringing our baby into the world on Friday, May 21st. Mom and baby are both doing wonderful. And I'm pleased to report that the birth was 100% natural. No high fructose corn syrup, no pesticides, wait...I'm getting carried away with the natural thing. Sorry.

The labor was about 12 hours. We arrived at the hospital around 4 pm. The contractions were about 3-1-1 a that point and S. was 4 cm dilated. We went through whole variety of different positions, relaxation techniques, used the whirlpool tub, etc. Each hour S. was becoming another 2 cm dilated. By around 7:30 she was ready to push. Just over 40 minutes later, baby made her entrance. S. did an amazing job pushing and I wasn't half bad either (said while patting myself on the back). The hospital staff was supportive of our birth plan and , I have to say, completely blown away by what S was able to do. She made it look easy. You should have seen her. It brought me to tears to see here realize her dream. I'm a proud husband and father, that's for sure!

We can't wait for you to meet our little 7lb 5 oz, 20 inch juggernaut. She's beautiful and healthy. Both S. and I agree that without your guidance this wouldn't have been so wonderful. Thank you for giving us such an unforgettable, magical experience. We can't thank you enough. C. in Milwaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment