Monday, January 3, 2011

Just a Bit of Stadol in Transition

C. & I want to let you know that we had our daughter--8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches--on 7-8-10 after 24 hours of natural labor and delivery (well, I got 2 mg of Stadol at transition--which I think relaxed me enough in between contractions to get to 10 very soon after!). We couldn't have done it without taking the Bradley course--and thank you again for the rice sock, it was definitely utilized!
I don't know what my doc did (we delivered at Froedtert), but I didn't see any residents, or medical students and--no capped IV! I was able to get in the shower for as long as I wanted, and get in the whirlpool tub while I was in very active labor. She stayed after her clinic in the afternoon and actually sat in my labor room and coached for about an hour (I think). She stayed for the delivery as well which was so amazing.
We stayed at home for about 12 hours ( and C. kept saying "I think we should go in--I think we should go in), and then I was ready to go in. I was 6 cm. It was the optimal hospital experience. Unfortunately, right after delivery, I hemorrhaged and required an IV, 2 bags of Pitocin (among other things to help my uterus contract) and then 2 units of blood. We though it was so ironic that we did it with minimal intervention and them wham! Thank you again for sharing your expertise and knowledge with us--it was truly invaluable.
S. & C. in Wauwatosa
PS--C. did not once ask me "what do you want me to do?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment