Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Induction Necessary

Good News! I did it and n0 induction necessary! We went in Tuesday night for the induction (the baby had some decelerations when they were monitoring my contractions Tuesday during the day so they had us check-in Tuesday night instead of Wednesday mornings so they could monitor the baby). They started the Cervadil about 7 pm and nothing was really happening. I fell asleep around midnight and woke up at 3:20 am with pretty strong contractions about 8 minutes apart--no big deal.
They started to get stronger so I woke Ryan up about 4 am. he quickly realized my contractions were more like 2 minutes apart and we called the nurse. When I got to the hospital at 5 pm the evening before I was 2 cm dilated, when they checked me at 4:15 am I was 5 cm and when they checked me again at 4:30 am I was 8 cm. They called the doctor and he made it right about 5 am (just in time, I definitely could have started pushing earlier if he had been there). It only took about 3 pushes and she was born at 5:19 am--totally natural.
Vera Lynn was 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 20 1/2 inches. They let us come home Thursday afternoon so we're happy to be home with Wyatt, who loved being a bit brother (at least so far). I can't even begin to say how much better I feel five days out--my recovery has been smooth sailing. And breastfeeding has been going way better too!
Everything went really great and all the stuff from yoga and the Bradley classes really helped, especially when I was waiting for the doctor to arrive and couldn't push. :)
Keri D in Menomonee Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment