Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pre-Eclampsia Success Story

We wanted to quickly share with you the events that unfolded after our pre-eclampsia email....
My blood pressure went up so I progressed so fast through the labor that my doctor almost missed the birth!
It was a fabulous experience. I was so proud of myself and of Mark for making it through such a crazy 5 hours.
After our baby boy was born, they found out that my liver counts had drastically changed and that I needed to be put on Magnesium Sulfate for 24 hours. That was not fun at all, but I was still able to breastfeed so that was good. The baby had to be readmitted to the hospital due to his bad jaundice a day after we got home. I was so upset! Now he is on phototherapy at home and we are hoping his levels go down soon so we can take him off this machine.
Thank you for all you did to educate us. We used everything we learned!
Natalie & Mark W in Brown Deer

No comments:

Post a Comment