Monday, January 3, 2011

At Home Until Transition

I am happy to say that yesterday, June 22nd at 4:06 am I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. her name is Caliana. My birth story is a bit unique. The whole labor from start to finish was 6 hours long! Can you believe it? I couldn't imagined it going any better. :)
I was at home for about 4 hours when I realized I was in transition. That is when I asked my Mom and my doula to come over. I even called a friend nearby in case I needed to get to the hospital before they arrived. I called the doctor and told her I was in transition. I don't think she took me entirely serious until we finally got to the hospital and the nurse said I was 10 cm dilated and completely effaced. I was practically crossing my legs not to push.
We waited 15 more minutes for the doctor to arrive and in 4 pushes she was out and on my chest! I was in the hospital for a total of 40 minutes before she arrived.
I just wanted to say that the whole time I was at home by myself I was looking at all my notes from class and that really helped. I don't know that things would have gone so well had it not been for all that you taught me. Thank you and I can't wait for you to meet her. :)
Ashley in Milwaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment