Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Midwife & Doula Were Fantastic

Joshua David was born Friday September 10th at 1:29 am and is very healthy! I had a natural birth, a very fast, natural birth. Thursday morning I was already dilated to 4 cm. I had painless "Braxton Hicks" contractions all day that were regular and kept getting closer together. I stayed at work until the afternoon, took a nap, went on a long walk, etc. We stayed active...not sure if it was "realy labor" since the contractions were just like I had been feeling for months (non painful abdominal tightness, except they were coming regularly). Water borke at 10:30 pm and I pretty much entered right into transition with good contractions not more than 3 minutes apart or so. We got to the hospital at 12:50 am and he was born after a few pushes. Midwife Ann Ledbetter and doula Brandy Brey were fantastic. The Bradley method did help in helping me to relax between contractions and to stay moving! I'm very glad we took the class. Thanks, Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment