Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Natural Childbirth is Easier the 2nd Time!

Caleb was born 1/30/10. Parents: Laura & Corey.

I went into labor on January 30th (12 days early) with contractions at 9am. I walked around my house, up and down the stairs and even on my treadmill for a half an hour whenever the contractions started to slow down. At 12 pm we went up to Jackson to drop my son off at grandma's. My contractions weren't that bad so we stayed there and I would climb her stairs pretty often too! Although my contractions varied any where from 10 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart, they didn't get to the point where I had to concentrate on them until about 3:30. At 4:30 I decided it was time to take the 20 minute drive to Community Memorial. We were checked in at 5pm and had the baby naturally at 6:13!!!!

It was funny because the nurse checked me to see if I was in true labor and she said "you're definitely in labor" which prompted me to ask how far I was. I couldn't believe it when she told me I was 7cm already! My biggest fear was that I would get there and she would say 3cm or something. My doctor barely got there in time. The method that worked for me was rocking side to side with hubby rubbing the belly and my back. When I was close to the end (last 20 minutes) I added in a low moan to get through it. I'm glad you went through the difference between the low relaxed moan and the high moan because I really focused on keeping it low to stay relaxed. Caleb was born in 2 pushes (about 5 minutes) and came out a healthy 7lbs 15 oz and 20.5 inches. His forehead was a little bruised because he came out so fast!!

As simple as the theory is behind natural childbirth, I'm really thankful for your class.






No comments:

Post a Comment