Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Piece of Pi Birth.

Thanks to the classes that we took with Coral at well Rounded Maternity, we were able to again have a successful Bradley birth.  Contractions began at 2:00 in the morning. We worked it out with my doctor that I would see her in the clinic to be sure that I was far enough along to check into the hospital. (with Anna, her labor was 30 hours and we went to the hospital too early so they sent me home only to go back and push the drugs that we didn’t want because we were still not far enough along. We didn’t want to repeat that.) So, I wanted to wait until the clinic opened at 8:00. We drove to the clinic right at 8:00 and stopped at the front door so that I could take a wheel chair upstairs. At that point I decided that I was feeling a little pressure and should probably go to the hospital and not the  clinic – aka I couldn’t even get out of the car. We checked into the hospital and they took me to a triage room where they checked me and found that I was at a 9 and ready to push. They got me right into a birthing room. Dr Hicks just made it in time to break the water and with that three pushes and baby Madeline was born. If we had waited any longer (or had even attempted to go into the clinic) she would have been born somewhere other than the hospital. Pretty crazy to think, but it was absolutely perfect birthing circumstances and was exactly the way we wanted it. 

Madeline Bethany Schweiger was born on March 14th (Pi Day!) at 8:30 in the morning. Her weight was 8lbs 1oz and she was 21in long. 

We are now home & doing well. Anna absolutely loves and adores her baby sister and looks for ways she can help every chance she gets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment